Monday, September 24, 2012

I know there's no proof, but it's fun to think about.

I was going to write that in the future thinking, like horses and vinyl records, will stop being a necessity and continue only as a hobby for quirky enthusiasts.

That when we arrive at a realisation that our thinking isn't good enough –– that it only ever arrives at dead ends because there is always a better thought and always a better thought than that one –– we will stop.

That after we finish outsourcing thinking to our academics and scientists, they will outsource to computers.

That the only people who will continue to think are those who thrive on an appreciation of language's aesthetics and/or the primal instinct of competition.

That these people, these people who continue to use their minds, will be the oddballs and not the cultural elite. 

I was going to write that it is happening already. That it is definitely starting.

I was going to until I realised that I couldn't possibly know. I was going to until I realised that such thinking is pointless. That thinking is pointless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home